July 14, 2016 by Anthony Burdge
Our small staff are in crunch mode before this Saturday’s second annual New York Tolkien Conference. We are making final preparations before getting the event space set up, and shall be setting up for the next two days. We are incredibly grateful to Baruch College Librarian Chris Tuthill for arranging to have this event again there. This will be our final update before Saturday.
We cannot thank everyone enough who has supported this event by preregistering and spread the news of our day long celebration of all things Tolkien, C.S. Lewis and the Inklings.
Thank you to all our presenters who have chosen to share their work in our day long celebration.
Some logistics to please keep in mind:
1) The Conference is located at the Baruch College William and Anita Newman Vertical Campus
One Bernard Baruch Way
(55 Lexington Ave at 24th St)
New York, NY 10010
Click here for Map and Directions
2) Please Enter the Lobby, Security may inquire where you are going, please have your ticket information and ID available.
3) Take the Elevator to the 7th Floor and follow the signs to registration down the hall
4) Registration will open at 9:15, initial registration/check in will go from 9:15 to 9:45.
Registration will be closed from 9:45 to 11am. No one will be allowed to enter the Conference between 9:45 and 11am. No exceptions as we do not want to disturb the opening presentation. Since registration will take place on the 7th Floor of the William and Anita Newman vertical campus please give yourself time arrive promptly.
5) If you wish to attend the opening remarks and Guest of Honor Kristine Larsen’s Opening Presentation please register between 9:15a and 9:45am.
6) Have you preregistered?
If you are buying your ticket(s) at the door please keep in mind at the door ticket sales are $15 cash only. Please bring exact change if possible. (No bills over $20)
Click here to preregister at the $11 rate
PREREGISTRATION SALES END FRIDAY July 15th at 7pm
We are looking forward seeing you all on Saturday. To everyone who has purchased items from our Redbubble store, Thank you for your support. The items for sale on Redbubble with the Conference images go to support our operations. If you wish to check our store for T-shirts, mugs, and other mathoms then please click here